Tips to Maintain Your Washing Machine
Maintain Your Washing Machine
A washing machine is one of the most important home appliances. It helps us wash our clothes easily and quickly. That’s why you have to keep taking care of it to prevent it from malfunctioning.
If you are wondering how you can keep them working properly, then, follow these five tips to keep your washing machine in great condition.
- Clean Out the Inside of Your Washing Machine – After using your washing machine, make sure to clean it. Simply run a hot cycle without any clothing in your washing machine to clean the inside of your washing machine. Upon cleaning, you can put laundry detergent to ensure that it is well-cleaned. Doing so will keep the inside of your washing machine from bad smell or odor. Aside from it, it also helps in killing bacterias, molds, and mildew inside your washing machine. If you do not want to use bleach, you can use vinegar as an alternative. If you will clean it using bleach, make sure you will wash it with water to ensure that all of the bleach was removed from your machine.
- Wipe Down Your Machine – After using and washing the inside of your washing machine, clean and wipe it using clean damp cloths. Regularly clean its inside and outside to wipe leftover soap residue. You can also use a toothbrush to scrub away buildup. Do this regularly to prevent mildew from taking over your washing machine.
- Air Out Your Washing Machine – To prevent mold and mildew on your washing machine, do not shut its door after you run a load. Just allow your washing machine to air out to avoid trapping any left-over moisture inside of your washing machine. Always leave its door or lid open long enough after each use. Doing this will make the moisture inside evaporate naturally. But if you have a front-loading washing machine, you can try using a clean cloth to wipe down the gasket or seal around the door. This is because water gets trapped in the seal of your washing machine, which may lead to the growth of mold and mildew.
- Pull Out Your Washing Machine & Clean Behind It – To keep your washing machine working in good condition, clean all the dust under and behind it. You can use a broom and mop to clean it. Then, wipe away any dust on the washing machine as they can negatively impact the performance of your appliance. It can get inside of the machine and jams up with its internal components.
- Do Not Use Liquid Soap – Instead of using liquid detergent in your washing machine, use powdered detergent as liquid detergents can leave behind some residue. On the contrary, powdered detergents do not leave behind as much residue as liquid soaps.
So, always clean your washing machine regularly and simply follow these useful tips to keep your washing machine working at its finest condition. After all, maintaining your appliance can prolong its life and lets you save money as well as avoid repair costs.